Friday, September 16, 2011

I don't get me

I've been reading Mamapundit for a few days now. I found her blog through Babble Voices, which I found through Amalah, who I've been reading since Snarkywood, which I can't link because it doesn't exist anymore.

Anyway.

I've been reading Katie Granju's blogs about her life, including the assault & overdose, hospitalization, and death of her son Henry, and her fight to bring the people responsible for the assault and for providing the drugs that helped kill him to justice. (There are lots of places to read Henry's story; google his name or search his mama's blog.) It's an incredibly wrenching story...not being a parent, I can't even imagine what it must be to have one of your children die. And to have people make unfeeling, ignorant assumptions about the worth of the life of a drug addict...I'm absolutely stymied by Katie's strength.

Yet it's the plight of this poor seal that makes me want to sob. Seriously. Really, me?

No comments: