Thursday, July 21, 2011

One Cat. Cheap.

It is not a good week over here Treeville. My aging cat, who has both thyroid and kidney issues, has decided that there shall be no sleeping while he is awake. I try to cut him slack, knowing it was me who decided to give him his medicine crushed up in baby food to avoid shoving it down his throat. However, it was never my intention to do it at four in the morning, which is when he's decided he's ready for his treat.

I also have to give him leeway as far as his living conditions go - he is not a cat who likes change, you see, and things have changed dramatically in his house. There's another person living in it. The cat loves this other person, but shows it by making a nuisance of himself ALL. THE. TIME. Especially when we, the humans, are trying to sleep.

I could just close the bedroom door - I'd have to rehang it first - but A) he's already vocal and B) did I mention his kidneys? He pees occasionally in places that are not litterboxes. It doesn't have to happen a lot for the memory to linger, if you know what I mean, and we've already got one room that's off-limits until the carpet is ripped out. I fear his retribution, is what I'm saying.

He's a terrorist, basically. Skilled in chemical warfare. He wins.

And I'm exhausted. I actually took a couple of hours off work yesterday to go home and take a nap before yoga. A nap. Before yoga. Which was a good thing, since we did downward dog into plank into upward dog back to downward dog at least 10 times. I don't think I would have made it without collapsing if not for that nap.

Tonight I'm saving strength for a conversation I'm not only not looking forward to, but have to drive 40 miles each way to have. Then there's the organizing and purging of stuff to allow for the aforementioned carpet removal this weekend - this weekend that I was supposed to be at the beach. That's my second beach trip this summer denied, if you're counting. And it's supposed to be over 100 degrees all weekend. Picture a face with two eyes and a straight line for a mouth right here.

I mean, I was looking forward to being away and being at the beach and spending time with my friend's family, but mostly? Three blessed nights of sleeping without the cat. I may go spend a night at Mom's just to get some rest.

No comments: