Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Re: the ovarian cyst

I finally heard from my doctor about the blood tests. (She said she'd been trying to get in touch with me. Has she ever heard of leaving a message?) One of the tumor markers is elevated. She wants to go ahead with the laparoscopy to take a look at what's going on.

In the meantime I'm going in to her office to discuss the procedure and go over any questions I may have. I didn't have many at 8:00 last night when she called but I'm sure you guys will have plenty. I know we talked about endometriosis; I think she said the elevated tumor marking is compatible with it and I know the cyst is as well. I'm going to try really hard to not Google "elevated tumor marking + endometrioma".

The laparoscopy is an out-patient procedure. They say I'll be back to work "in a week or two"; let's hope for one since I don't have two weeks of sick leave!

Prayers, good thoughts, and the like are more than welcome, whichever you may do in situations like these. I know a laparoscopy is not that big a deal, but it's my first experience with something like this and my head comes up with lots of bad thoughts.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You'll be just fine. I'll be watching for updates on the blog, but everything is going to work out and you'll feel great.

You're always in our prayers, but Ben and I will put in some special words for you when we talk to "The Big Guy". Let us know if you need anything at all and keep us posted.